Why choose .NET Core? - An excerpt from my book on .NET Core
Checking contents of ServiceBus brokered messages - How to view ServiceBus BrokeredMessage objects in WinDBG
The Reality of Home Solar Power - Are solar panels for your home a good investment? I talk about my experience with solar.
Hosting the CLR the Right Way - How to host the CLR in your native C++ application the right way.
Hosting the CLR the Old Way - How to host the CLR in your native C++ application using the old, easy, unsafe method.
Azure SDK 2.5 Diagnostics Bugs - Be careful about the move to Azure SDK 2.5 if you use diagnostics
Azure Diagnostics: Backup Local Storage to Blob - Local storage on an Azure Cloud Service can be automatically backed up to a blob container using Azure Diagnostics
FxCop Fails Only on Build Server - A fix for an issue where FxCop works locally but fails on a build server
Async/Await and Closures - What is the impact of using async/await with anonymous delegates and closures
Using WCAT to Simulate Watching Media Content - Simulate a user viewing smooth streaming media content using WCAT
- C# Date/Time formatting
- Regular Expressions
- Cdb/Windbg, SOS, SOSEX commands
- .NET Core - Posts about the latest addition to the .NET family
- Azure - Azure related articles
- Debug - Adventures in WinDBG
- Misc - Random stuff that's not related to programming
- MSBuild - I very rarely can do everything in VS so it helps to know some tricks for dealing with MSBuild
- Native - My dabblings in native (unmanaged) code
- NuGet - NuGet related articles
- Performance - These are some handy performance related items
- Workflow - Windows Workflow related articles
Every now and then a friend or family member will come out to visit us in Seattle. It can be difficult to know how to plan a trip so I like to provide them with a bunch of options. Since I kept having to dig up that information I decided to formalize it into web pages and put it here: Visiting the Seattle Area